Despite the fact that, in recent years, Belize has taken Its place In the Caribbean. As an undoubtedly unique destination, it still remains a mystery to many. Often, if Belize is mentioned in conversation, many respond with, Belize… Where is that? Here are some facts you should know about Belize.
Location and Size
Formerly known as British Honduras, Belize is located on the mainland of Central America with the Caribbean Sea to the East. The country is nestled between Mexico to the North and Guatemala to the West and South. It is both Central America and The Caribbean – a beautiful fusion of the two.
With fewer than 400,000 inhabitants living in just less than 9,000 square miles, Belize has the lowest population density in all of Central America. To put that into perspective, if we were to directly compare the size of Belize to the United States or the United Kingdom, for example, Belize is a little bigger than the state of New Jersey, and would fit almost exactly into the UK country of Wales. The country is divided into 6 districts all with their own unique character, charm, and diversity.
- Which Coppola Family Hideaway in Belize Will You Choose This Summer?
- 22 Things to Do on Ambergris Caye, Belize
- Critters of the Night: This Tour in Western Belize Will Delight Curious Nature Enthusiasts
- How to Spoil Dad on a Trip to Placencia This Father’s Day
- Indulge in the Caribbean’s Favorite Fruit this Weekend at Hopkins Mango Fest