Despite the fact that, in recent years, Belize has taken Its place In the Caribbean. As an undoubtedly unique destination, it still remains a mystery to many. Often, if Belize is mentioned in conversation, many respond with, Belize… Where is that? Here are some facts you should know about Belize.
Location and Size
Formerly known as British Honduras, Belize is located on the mainland of Central America with the Caribbean Sea to the East. The country is nestled between Mexico to the North and Guatemala to the West and South. It is both Central America and The Caribbean – a beautiful fusion of the two.
With fewer than 400,000 inhabitants living in just less than 9,000 square miles, Belize has the lowest population density in all of Central America. To put that into perspective, if we were to directly compare the size of Belize to the United States or the United Kingdom, for example, Belize is a little bigger than the state of New Jersey, and would fit almost exactly into the UK country of Wales. The country is divided into 6 districts all with their own unique character, charm, and diversity.
- Belize’s New 7 PM National Curfew Effective Today: What Travelers Should Know
- Swap Your Home Office For A Poolside Workcation at this Belize City hotel
- Making Your Dreams of Owning Real Estate in Belize a Reality With Sandy Point Real Estate
- Here Are The Best Belize Souvenirs To Take Home With You
- These 3 Hotels Are Where The Phrase ‘Chasing Waterfalls’ Come From