As Belize reopens its international airport on October 1, hotels continue to work towards Gold Standard Recognition by the Belize Tourism Board. Belize continues to welcome back travelers under the BTB’s “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition program to enhance hotels for the safety of travelers. This extensive 9-point program elevates the cleaning and workplace policies of hotels and restaurants. Additionally, these hotels have adapted new behaviors and procedures while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience.
According to the BTB, travelers can enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the hotel’s top priority. The following list of recognized Gold Standard Hotels approved to accept tourists continues to be updated almost daily. Source: The Belize Tourism Board.
Editor’s Note: This list of approved Gold Standard Hotels in Belize is updated regularly, sourced by the BTB. Please check back here for more information. Announced August 28, Belize will reopen its international airport for leisurely travel on October 1, 2020.
For the initial phased approach, Gold Standard-approved hotels will be those that:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition, and
- Provide full service to guests. This means that these hotels are able to provide all amenities, so as to contain the guest on the property, and minimize opportunities for guest interaction within the local community. These amenities include having transportation to offer pick-up/drop-off services from the airport; access to a restaurant on the property; have a pool or access to a beachfront; and be able to provide isolated tours, limited to guests of the property only.
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public space.
- Online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems.
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property.
- Enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high-touch surfaces.
- Daily health checks for guests and employees.
- Designated Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.