Dear Industry Partners,
The global pandemic continues to have a major impact on our industry, with no clear end in sight. Containment and mitigation remain our best chance of minimizing its impact. Hence, we need to be relentless in our ongoing efforts to influence social behaviors, informing and educating ourselves, our employees, family and associates.
CHTA’s Covid-19 Resource Center is one of many resources which are available to provide up to date information, resources and insights. Information is updated and added regularly atwww.caribbeanhotelandtourism.com/covid-19
- By Countries – Updates are provided on the Resource Center as received. Most destinations are assisting by providing regular updates. With the US at a Level 4 Travel Alert, most Caribbean destinations are also now in lockdown. NHTAs and other destination representatives are asked to assist us with securing current updates for those few destinations which have not been providing current information. Please click here for information.
- IATA Resource Link – The International Airline Transport Association, a CHTA partner, is providing up-to-date travel advisories for those countries which provide direct travel with major international carriers. Link is on CHTA’s Resource Center site or go directly to https://www.iata.org/ncov-measures
- CHTA Message to Industry Partners and Public – An update and message of assurance to partners and the public from the President and CEO/DG was released over the past week. To view and share, please click here.
- Partner Message – MasterCard’s CEO Ajay Banga sheds light on how we can approach the new challenging reality together and come out stronger when it all ends. MasterCard, a CHTA Strategic Partner, reiterated its support for CHTA and the Caribbean during these difficult times, which will be essential to the industry’s ability to rebound, as strained resources will impact companies and organizations. Please click here to view the message.
- CHTA Surveys – National Hotel and Tourism Associations are on the frontline in beginning to plan and advocate for relief and recovery measures. CHTA is assessing and cataloging what is being done and under consideration locally and will be sharing those results with all associations to help guide their local efforts. An assessment is also being directed at members. The findings from both studies will instruct CHTA’s leadership around those recovery measures which should be considered to be undertaken collaboratively.
- STR and Hotel Performance – CHTA Strategic Partner STR is providing special weekly preliminary hotel performance reports for the Caribbean. For a year on year report for the week ending March 21st, please click here.
- Tourism Economics Report – Impacts of Coronavirus on Global Tourism – Released last week, this provides a detailed macro view of impact and also insights into recovery based upon past experiences. To view, please click here.
- ADARA Traveler Trends Tracker – CHTA partner ADARA provides real-time travel data to track consumer booking and travel patterns. This has been added to the CHTA Covid-19 Resource Center, showing current trends globally. In the coming weeks we expect to add current trendline data for the Caribbean. To view, please click here.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Roundtable with NHTAs – Starting last Friday, CHTA and the Caribbean Society of Hotel Association Executives (CSHAE) commenced a series of weekly calls in which all 33 National Hotel and Tourism Association representatives are invited. The purpose is to help support local efforts through information and best practice sharing while also guiding CHTA in its regional advocacy and communications efforts.
- Destination Briefings – CHTA has participated in several destination briefings over the past week and extends an invitation to destinations through the NHTAs and members to assist with local virtual briefings and discussions as requested.