Mango Habanero Margaritas
These Mango Habanero Margaritas pack a serious punch and are addictively spicy. You can’t drink them too fast, making them the perfect balance of sweet and heat. If you have enough guts to try the habanero mango syrup by itself, you’ll agree it’s basically a dare. But, it does chill out once you mix it with other ingredients and it gets watered down a bit.
Habanero Mango Syrup:
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 2 fresh habanero peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 1 cup water
- 1 to 1 ½ cup sugar (depending on sweetness of mango, and spiciness of habanero)
For Two Margaritas:
- 4½ ounces tequila
- 3 ounces mango habanero syrup
- 1½ ounces triple sec
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- Salt for rim (or Tajin, if available)
- Add all the simple syrup ingredients to a pot and simmer over a low heat until sugar is melted. Let cool completely and blend until smooth. Strain, and set aside.
- On a plate, lay out your salt (and Tajin, if using). Rim your glass with lime before dipping into the salt mixture. Set aside.
- If using a shaker or blender, add all margarita ingredients until mixed throughout. Pour into the rimmed glasses, and serve immediately!
Recipe and feature photo adapted from Real Food Traveler.