Dangriga, Hopkins, and Placencia are the main hubs of the Stann Creek district, while Punta Gorda is the capital of Toledo.
Generally, you will enjoy a laid-back atmosphere. You may choose to take a boat trip to the nearby atolls or even go hiking in the nearby Jaguar Reserve. This region is rich in culture: Garifuna music and dancing, languid, sea-side living, and delectable cuisines.
The locals are unassuming and friendly and accommodations may be found for every taste and pocket.
Also, If you find yourself “Down South” be sure to visit:
- The Gulisi Garifuna Museum
- Warasa Garifuna Drum School
- The cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tobacco Caye
- Bocawina National Park
- Laughing Bird Caye National Park
- Rio Blanco National Park
- Maya House of Cacao
- Nim Li Punit and Lubaantun Archaeological Sites
- Lastly, Southwater Caye