To understand how travelers are feeling as destinations begin to ease travel restrictions due to COVID-19, leading adventure travel brand, Aggressor Adventures® asked consumers to weigh in with a travel poll. Specifically, on their anticipated travel plans and priorities in the coming months.
Key findings from the survey include:
- Two out of three people indicate they intend to travel.
- Travel to island destinations leads the way with almost one out of two or 49%.
- Remote adventure travel surpasses travel to tourist city destinations and ocean cruises.
Aggressor utilized consumer engagement platform, 1Q, to capture traveler sentiment across the United States, targeting travellers ages 30 and above, with a household income of USD$60,000 plus. Respondents received the questions via text message or directly through the 1Q mobile app.
How survey participated responded to rebooking COVID-19 affected travel:
- One out of two customers have already rebooked existing trips with Aggressor where travel is opening up, including island liveaboard destinations, safari lodges and river cruise adventures.
- Remarkably, 98 percent rebooked to their existing destination.
- Baby boomers remain intent and confident on travel, while post boomers are more inclined to delay travel.
- The Caribbean is looking like the first point of entry.
“The consumer data is positive regarding future travel and bookings, but our customer response is a reflection of the Aggressor experience they have come to love or hear about through our enthusiasts,” explains Wayne Brown, CEO of Aggressor Adventures.
“For many, our experiences and destinations have a prominent place on their bucket lists.”
About Aggressor Adventures
Since 1984, Aggressor Adventures® has offered travellers live-aboard scuba and snorkelling charters, luxury river cruises and exotic wildlife safaris. Worldwide locations the company explores include Bahamas, Belize, Cayman Islands, and many more.