For the Northern Islands of San Pedro and Caye Caulker as well as Placencia, golf carts are a popular means of transport in Belize. After all, it’s a perfect match for the laid–back lifestyle that Belize’s islands provide. Moving around in any of these destinations is made a whole lot easier by simply renting a golf cart versus a taxi fare. There is no shortage of suppliers to find a golf cart, so you can pre-reserve a golf cart or you can pick one up when you arrive.
It’s more than just a mode of transport on the island. Carts allow you to do some exploring of your own, while still enjoying all the elements of the island. Many visitors make a day trip out of exploring the island for a day on a golf cart. You can bar hop throughout the day and find a variety of eateries, whether you explore the North or the South of Ambergris Caye.
- The speed limit in San Pedro Town is 5 miles per hour
- Driving is on the right side of the road
- Prices for golf carts start at USD $35/40 per day, and there are 6–seater options available for bigger families.
- You need a valid driver’s license to rent one
- When exploring you can go about 7 miles North and about 5 miles South of San Pedro Town