While you can find no shortage of vacation venues that offer a wonderful experience for one or maybe even two seasons, the list of places where you can have an amazing getaway experience any time of the year is considerably shorter. Fortunately for you, you are looking at a guide to why Placencia, Belize, falls into the latter category. That is right, Placencia, Belize, is one of the best places you can go for dodging the chilly temperatures of fall and winter, maximizing your fun during Spring Break, or just about any other random moment you have on your calendar for some time off. If you happen to be in a romantic mood, any respectable resort like Sirenian Bay will have you covered for things to do with that special someone. Once you have gotten your fill of seeing the sites of Placencia, you and that special person can sign up for a wine tasting, a massage session, and/or a romantic candlelit dinner for two with the starry night sky above your heads.
If you are more of the adventurous sort and have a love of the water, you have plenty of options.
Consider taking a snorkeling or diving excursion around one or more of the many cayes that dot the waters off the coast of Placencia. Alternatively, you can take some lessons to work on your certification as a scuba diver or even take a kayak or stand-up paddleboard, either alone or with someone sharing your kayak, to explore Placencia’s coast on your own terms.
If your adventuresome spirit is more at home on terra firma, you also have options.
- Checking out the Maya ruins of Nim Li Punit or Lubantuum in the Toledo District
- Learn how chocolate was made by the ancient Maya.
- Looking for manatees, iguanas, monkeys, jaguars, and various other forms of wildlife along the Monkey River.
- Have a sweeping zipline experience through the sprawling canopy of the jungle.
- Plumb the depths of the amazing Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave (ATM Cave), and discover the crystallized remains of a sacrificial victim of the Maya within this area that was perceived as a transitory spot between the realms of the living Maya and the underworld.
Alternatively, you might even consider renting a golf cart to check out the area on your own or blend your surf with your turf and look into rappelling down a waterfall in Bocawina.
Now if your tastes in vacationing are far more easy-going, a place like Sirenian Bay can be just as accommodating.
- Mini golf is a simple, low-stakes way to kill time while having fun.
- The facility offers tennis and pickleball courts for more competitive types.
- For a truly amazing experience that is sure to bring calm to any raging soul, consider signing up for some beachside yoga classes.
- There is no shortage of fun and games to be had on the beach, be it oversized Jenga, classics like volleyball, or even arts and crafts.
Do you consider yourself to be a bit of an angler? Placencia started its life as a fishing village and fishing continues to be a common activity of residents and visitors alike. Whether you are content to cast your line from one of the many piers that dot the peninsula or you would rather book a trip out into the sea for some truly massive catches, you are sure to come away from your excursion with a large enough catch for some good eating.
You can even help Belize’s ecosystem if you happen to catch some lionfish; these prickly little buggers are an invasive species that the Belize government encourages the catch and predation upon-just be sure to leave the cooking of lionfish to a professional and you will not have to worry about exposing yourself to its poison.
However you choose to kick back and enjoy your free time, you cannot go wrong by choosing Placencia, Belize, as your destination. Just remember that you will need a quality place to rest and sleep during your time here and few venues exceed quality like Sirenian Bay Resort & Villas.