Unlike anything else in Belize, a massive compound that has been described as one of Belize’s most extravagant homes is officially on the market for US$4.9 million. Perched on the crest of the Hummingbird Hills in Southern Belize, the luxury Ahua Kan Estate packs 4 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, state-of-the-art digital smart home system and a 2-car garage into its 6,500 square feet, while being entirely self-sufficient. On its 62 acres of lush jungle on the edge of the Sibun Nature Reserve, the estate also includes private orchards, a private gym with caretaker’s apartment, and a 70 foot infinity edge pool with outdoor shower.
- Fully Self-Sustained 6,500 sq ft Home
- 4 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms
- 62 Acre Estate with Private Orchards and Streams
- Two Separate Staff/Caretaker Homes
- 6,000 sq ft Concrete and Steel Frame Woodwork Shop
- Massive Chef’s Kitchen with 48″ Wolf Gas Range
- Outdoor Kitchen & BBQ
- Wine Cellar
- Root (Cold) Cellar
- 2 Car Garage
- Private Gym with Caretaker’s Apartment
- 70′ Infinity Edge Pool with Outdoor Shower & Thatched Roof Pool Palapa
- Firepit & River Rock Smoker
- Smart House Systems that can be accessed from anywhere in the world and controls lighting, audio & video/intercom system
- Elan Distributed Audio with 8 Elan touch panels
- Alarm with Video Surveillance
- Lutron Radio RA Lighting System
- Passive Cooling with Clerestory Windows
- 350 Lineal feet of Panoramic Doors and Windows
- Media Room with 84″ Sony Flatscreen & Martin Logan Electrostatic 7 channel surround system
- Uplift 55″ Sony Flatscreen in Kitchen
- Belizean Hardwood Ceilings throughout
- 11,000 Gallon Water Collection Cistern with Filtration
- Purposed-built Dam for Micro-Hydroelectric Power Production
- Recipient of 3 International Design Awards and Featured in Trends Magazine (New Zealand)
In addition to the main villa there is a 2-bed, 1-bath home with an open kitchen, dining and living area and another 1-bed, 1-bath home with a loft, an open kitchen, dining and living area. These are perfect for caretakers, rentals, groundskeeping or security/staff. And if you’ve got idle hands, the estate includes a 6,000 sq ft open air, steel frame Woodworking Shop that has concrete floor and metal roofing along with a 1,200 sq ft, covered, 4 bay Tractor/Work Shed.
Opulence in the Belizean Rainforest
Throughout the 62 acres of lush fertile land, the estate boasts a wide array of organic fruits growing on the property including oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, lime, coconut, mango, avocado, moringa, banana, chaya, raspberry and many herbs and spices. Free-range chickens provide fresh eggs in the morning and two year-round streams offer plenty of hydration. The entire property is 100% off grid and fully self sufficient utilizing a combination or micro-hydroelectric and solar power production backed up by diesel powered generators on an automatic transfer switch which turns on if the battery voltage goes too low.
Ahua Kan Estate is secluded, private and wonderfully remote yet offers easy access to nearby communities along the Hummingbird Highway. Dangriga, the largest city in the Stann Creek district is a mere 20 minutes East while Belmopan, Belize’s capital city, lies 40 minutes West.
For information, contact Vista Real Estate to find your space in Belize.