Deciding between an adventure and a beach honeymoon can be tough, especially if you each want a different kind of trip. The good news is that The Knot have listed Belize as the perfect compromise! Spend a few days lazing by the crystal clear Caribbean Sea with a rum punch in hand. Then spend a few more exploring all the Belize Barrier Reef has to offer. And even better, you can work in both types of activities within the blissful surrounds of a private island.
One of the Most Romantic Places on Earth
Belize is one of the most romantic places on the planet to begin your lifetime of adventures.
Build your “first” memories together on South Water Caye, an off-the-beaten-path secluded island getaway, where the sun kisses the sea. Stay in an island honeymoon cabana complete with a private veranda outfitted with hammocks for lounging together. And what are honeymoons for, if its not a bit of pampering? Indulge in a couple’s aromatherapy massage on the beach to the sounds of the sea. After, indulge in an intimate romantic candlelight dinner and stargaze, complete with tiki torches and a bottle of wine.
During the day, chill under the secluded palapa overlooking the reef. Alternatively, set out on a search for the best private swimming spot on your double kayak or paddle boards. Also included is a private island adventure tour – swim, snorkel and explore Belize’s second largest marine protected area.
The Belize Honeymoon Package at Blue Marlin Beach Resort includes:
- Meet and greet at local airstrip in Dangriga
- Complimentary roundtrip shuttle from Dangriga airstrip to boat launch
- Round-trip boat transfers between Dangriga and Blue Marlin Resort
- Complimentary cocktail on arrival day
- Accommodations in private Seafront Private Cabana
- Romantic Candlelight Dinner & Stargazing
- Bottle of Wine
- 1 Enchanted Couples Massage
- 1 Private Island Adventure Tour
- 2 Guided snorkel trips
- 3 Daily meals including breakfast, lunch, and 3-course dinner with fruits, juice, coffee, or tea and evening snack
- Unlimited use of sea kayaks, paddleboards, water floats, Wi-Fi, hammocks, beach volleyball, yoga mats, exchange library.
- Daily housekeeping including turndown service
- 12.5% sales tax and 9% hotel tax
Planning a 2021/22 honeymoon? For more information or to book this honeymoon adventure, then visit the Blue Marlin Beach Resort website. All photos courtesy of Blue Marlin Beach Resort.