2020 is the beginning of an entirely new era. So what does this mean? This means it can be a time for a fresh start or for you to try new things. And with all the new technological advancements happening in the new year; it would be a great time for you to take a step back and unwind in a natural paradise. Belize is the perfect destination for you to rejuvenate, reconnect, and try new things.
What’s new in Belize for 2020?
- The government of Belize should be fully implementing the rule of reducing the use of plastics.
- Moho Caye should be entirely plastic-free – for eco-travelers, those who practice sustainability, and for locals, these are very important milestones in the country.
- Belizean Dreams Resort in Hopkins will be starting a new event for Belize’s annual ‘Lobster Fest’. The event will be known as “Lobster Fest Fridays” on July 24th, July 31st, August 7th, and August 14th.
- Alaia Beachfront Luxury is set to be opened in 2020 at Ambergris Caye; this is perfect for retirees, expats, and families looking to purchase their own property in Belize.
What’s there to do in Belize?
- Belize is home to over 300 islands; some public and others are private islands. If you’re looking for a private getaway then Ray Caye is the best place for you to visit, but if you want somewhere more public then Ambergris Caye is a short flight away through Maya Island Air.
- Dive the 10,000-year-old Blue Hole with Jaguar Adventures.
- Snorkel at the world’s second-largest barrier reef.
- Go diving with whale sharks between March and June.
- Visit the majestic Antillean manatees at Swallow Caye.
- Go zip-lining and cave tubing at Jaguar Paw.
- Rappel down one of the waterfalls at Bocawina National Park.
- Visit one of the many wildlife sanctuaries.
- Check out a festival or event in Belize: Lobster Fest, Chocolate Festival, September Celebrations, etc.
- Go hiking at Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve and spot the beautiful waterfalls and wildlife here.
- Make your own chocolate at Copal Tree Lodge in Punta Gorda.
- Enjoy an all-day fishing trip to Placencia.
- Visit a Maya Ruin (Xunantunich, Altun Ha, Lamanai, etc.).
These are only some of the activities that can be done here in Belize. The fun and relaxation here is limitless, and there is always something different for everyone to do.
Written by Reyann Garcia