After months of stay-at-home orders, travelers in Belize look forward to touring the tropical, year-round weather and explore all the adventures Belize has to offer – safely. And as of October 1st, you can! Besides not having to worry about crowds that could increase exposure to the coronavirus, you can discover the lush landscape with your Gold Standard Certified Tour Operator alongside some changes. With Belize reopening October 1, here’s what to expect on your next tour in Belize. Specifically, on your next tour with Splash Dive Center.
What to Expect on arrival to Belize
- A Hospitality Meet and Greet.
- A Health Screening and Testing or verify certified PCR test results.
- Immigration and customs.
- To be transported to your Gold Standard Hotel.
At you Gold Standard Hotel, you will be able to enjoy the amenities and entertainment that the resort provides and be picked up each day for your tours. To explore Belize, you must book with a Gold Standard Tour Operator, Splash Dive Center has adapted the program to ensure both travelers and employee confidence in its cleanliness and safety.
What to Expect on a Tour with Splash Dive Center
- Having your temperature tested upon pick up from your hotel or before entering the facility.
- Mandatory wearing of face mask with only exceptions of when eating, drinking, or when the activity (snorkel, scuba) is taking place.
- Sanitizing your hands before entering the facility, boats or vans.
- Maintaining social distance of 6 feet at all times.
- Small guide to guest ratios.
Enhanced Hygiene and Cleaning Procedures at Splash Dive Center
- Required employee temperature checks.
- Mandatory sanitizing of hands before entering the facility, boats, or vans.
- Mandatory wearing of mask.
- Mandatory wearing of gloves while handling equipment and food.
- Mandatory cleaning and disinfecting of facility, boats and vans and high touch areas frequently using authorized disinfectants.
- Mandatory disinfecting of scuba diving and snorkel equipment after every tour.
- Contactless Sign Up, Check-In and Payments.
Uber-Flexible Booking Policy with Splash
With Belize officially open as of October 1, Splash Dive Center is currently taking inquiries and bookings for Phase 3 into 2021 at www.splashbelize.com. While travel continues to be uncertain during COVID-19, Splash has committed to complete flexibility by refunding all deposits once if given 24 hour’s notice.
For more information, contact Splash Dive Center via email, +1(501)523-3080, or +1(501)610-1278. All photos courtesy author.