The medical school affiliated with California’s Stanford University wouldn’t seem a likely place to go for advice on the benefits of bucket-list making, but in fact, it’s a relevant topic for anyone willing to admit that life doesn’t go on forever. Bucket lists remind us not to ignore doing the things that give us pleasure, rather than putting them off so long, they’re never ticked off.
Even the term bucket list has unique roots in that it’s not necessarily associated with gloom and doom. In fact, those Stanford behavioral experts state that “bucket lists are a sign of hope and future orientation,” which is why people of all ages and stages of life make bucket lists every day. The percentage of lists that include at least one travel promise is so high, you would be hard-pressed to find one that has only one destination on it!
Would you be surprised to learn that in July 2022, Yahoo Travel announced that a Skyscanner study revealed an uptick in travel coinciding with an easing of Covid restrictions and availability of vaccines? Over 4,000 travelers responding to the survey were weighted so heavily toward getaways, “more than 1 in 3 global travelers (37%) are dreaming of bucket list trips this year.” Are you one of them?
Where are these travelers headed?
In a nearby, exotic tropical destination where English is spoken and flights are so fast, finishing a crossword puzzle en route to their destination could prove a challenge. They’re choosing Belize where visitors are pampered nonstop by Belizeans who love tourists and appreciate them. Among the most highly-respected and posh resorts on bucket lists is Turtle Inn, a fabulous destination owned by a family whose name you’ll recognize: The Coppolas.
In case you thought that this clan limited itself to Oscar-winning producers and directors and a world-class winery that consistently earns awards for excellence, learning that the Coppola family empire includes a Belize resort may come as a surprise. But the same level of excellence the family devotes to all its enterprises is evident when considering Turtle Inn as a destination that never disappoints.
Among the delights you’ll find at Turtle Inn are:
Décor and environs offer utmost privacy, intimacy, plus authenticity reminiscent of a Bali village down to the thatched roofs and screened porches.
- An organic vegetable garden provisions the resort with just-picked produce so guests don’t have to guess where or how the ingredients used to serve delicious meals originate.
- Auxiliary to the architecture, an authentic Thai spa offers treatments designed to spoil and delight.
- Bathrooms are courtesy of Mother Nature: Plants and flowers merge inside and outside worlds for pure bliss.
- Resort transport gets you to and from the resort and Placencia Airstrip as a perk that comes with packages.
- Guests have access to cruiser bikes, and water sports gear and swim in a choice of two swimming pools.
- Food for three onsite eateries is prepared by executive chefs. Two well-provisioned bars stock all manner of libations.
- The onsite dive shop has it all: Equipment rentals and PADI certification assistance.
- Tap free Wi-Fi connections in public areas if you’re not too busy having fun.
- As the ultimate green resort, your passion for environmental issues will find a home at Turtle Inn.
- Tour options are so diverse, guests can satisfy cravings for thrills, history, fun, and diversity. If your bucket list doesn’t include zip-lining or repelling activities, test drive the hammocks found throughout the resort’s private beach!
Shouldn’t Turtle Inn top your bucket list?
Compare items on your bucket list to the dreamy images that show website browsers what a lush world they can expect to inhabit throughout every moment of their sojourn at Turtle Inn and you’ll be convinced it’s paradise found.
Reviews from frequent visitors attest to the pleasures and sanctity of this haven, each written by guests who wouldn’t think of staying elsewhere when vacationing in Belize. Turtle Inn has it all. Lush environs. Personalized service that has no equal. If you have yet to start your own bucket list, this escape belongs at the top of that list for reasons you will understand the moment you arrive!