With 85 ecosystems and nearly 600 bird species to explore inside 9,000 square miles, Belize is definitely a birder’s paradise! From north to south, the country boasts some of the most exquisite locations to go birdwatching. Even better, luxury eco-resorts throughout the country have curated special packages designed around experiencing the very best of bird watching in Belize. Here, we’ve spotted a bird lover’s offer in San Ignacio that’s too good to keep to ourselves!
Known as “the only jungle in town,” this award-winning boutique hotel at the heart of San Ignacio town has been able to document an impressive record of 241 species on property. Not to mention, San Ignacio Resort Hotel is so dedicated to the art of bird-watching, they even offer their own on-site tour! Wake up to the twitter and sweet sounds of their “backyard birds” from one of the only 27 rooms situated over the 17-acre estate. Indeed, you can even spot an array of local species whilst you enjoy sundowners at the lobby bar.
Related: Why Belize is a Birder’s Destination
Also, the resort features an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and one of the best meat restaurants in town – Running W Restaurant. Finally, there is a host of nature-based activities on-site. This includes the Green Iguana Conservation Project, which is rated as the Number 1 activity in the San Ignacio area on TripAdvisor.
Wings Over Belize Birding Package Curated by San Ignacio Resort Hotel
After all, this five-night Belize birding package takes you to some of the best birding locations in the country. This includes Cayo in western part of the country all the way to the Gallon Jug area in the north. Nonetheless, birders will marvel at the array of colorful tropical birds like Blue Tanagers, Lesson’s Motmots, Warblers, Trogons, Flycatchers, Hummingbirds, Brown Jays and even Woodpeckers. Of course, there is also the opportunity for an always-welcomed sighting of our national bird, the Keel-Billed Toucan. Fun fact: San Ignacio Resort Hotel hosted the 2nd Annual Belize Birding Festival in 2019!
Birding Package Inclusions
Enjoy a pair of toucans from the veranda, a great steak dinner at Running W Restaurant, or even on-site activities at SIRH! Not only can you do all of this, but also enjoy all the amenities of a jungle lodge in Northern Belize!
- Transfer from the Philip Goldson International Airport to San Ignacio Resort Hotel
- 5 nights accommodation in a Garden Room at San Ignacio Resort Hotel & 5 nights in a Regular Cabana at Chan Chich Lodge
- One full day tour to Nest of the Crested Caracara Private Reserve
- A full day Birding at El Pilar Archaeological Site followed by another full day birding at Cahal Pech Archaeological Site
- Early Morning Birding/Medicinal Trail & Iguana Project Tour at SIRH
- Full day Birding in Mountain Pine Ridge on the Mountain Equestrian trail
- Transfer from San Ignacio Resort Hotel to Chan Chich Lodge
- Unlimited Guided Bird Walks on 9 miles of trails at Chan Chich
- Archeological & Medicinal Plant Walk at Chan Chich
- Full day birding at Lamanai Archeological Site
- 2 hours of the Night Birding Vehicle Tour at Chan Chich
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 2
- Complimentary Belikin Beer, Crystal Water, Juice and Soft drinks at Chan Chich Lodge
- Transfer to Gallon Jug Airstrip
- Chartered flight from Gallon Jug to Philip Goldson International Airport