The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced Jan. 12 that all air passengers entering the United States will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test before boarding their flight. This new rule, which requires a negative viral test result within 72 hours of travel, will go into effect on January 26, 2021. Additionally, travelers will need to complete a disclosure and attestation form to the United States of America, available for download here.
Departing travelers from Belize must be tested as of January 23, to meet the maximum 3-day testing window to travel on January 26.
A viral test is defined as one detecting current infection. While the CDC has not specified what type of tests will be accepted, it is important to check state-specific entry requirements. Nonetheless, testing before and after travel is a critical layer to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19; Belize’s entry requirements also include a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival, either as a 96-hour PCR result or a 48-hour Rapid Test result. Below, find a location that is categorized as:
- Approved COVID-19 Testing Facilities
- Approved COVID-19 Testing Facilities for Travelers (Public)
- Approved COVID-19 Testing Facilities for Travelers (Private)
Where To Get A COVID-19 Rapid Test In Belize, by Location
Last updated: January 21, 2021
Approved Covid-19 PRIVATE Testing Facilities by the Ministry of Health & Wellness Belize
- Dr. Dimas Sansorez D’s Clinic. Telephone: 620-2369. Email: [email protected]
- Belize Medical Associates.BMA offers COVID-19 rapid testing for $250 BZD and results are available after 2 hours. Rapid tests are conducted between 8 am- 4:30 pm on weekdays, and between 8 am – 1:30 pm on Saturdays. Although testing is available on Sundays through the hospital portion, the cost will be higher. Belize Medical Associations is a private hospital. BMA is located at 5791 St. Thomas Street in Belize City. Email: [email protected] Telephone: 223-0303
- Belize Healthcare Partners.The Lab at Belize Health Care Partners offers the COVID-19 rapid test at a cost of $150 BZD. Testing is recommended between 7 am – 3:30 pm; testing outside that window may include additional fees, including a consultation fee, lab call out fee, or other. Results are available in 30-60 minutes, depending on volume of tests. BHCP is located at the Corner of Blue Marlin & Chancellor Avenue in Belize City. After-hours and weekend testing available for $250 BZD. Email: [email protected] Telephone: 223-7870
- Belize Diagnostic Center. Email: [email protected] Telephone: 613-8378
- Caring Hands Clinic at Maya Island Air (Municipal Airport). Email: [email protected] Telephone: 672-2273
City of Belmopan:
- Belmopan Medical Center Laboratory. Appointments must be scheduled for the Antigen testing for SARS-COV-2 (Covid-19). Here, the use of the Abbott Pan-bio Ag test kit is equivalent to the Binax Now, which is being used in the U.S. At a cost of BZD$150, results are available within 60 minutes. The Belmopan Medical Centre is located at Garbutt Creek Street, City of Belmopan. After-hours and weekend testing available for $250 BZD. Email: [email protected] Telephone: 674-7259/822-3022
- St. Luke’s Hospital Laboratory. Walk-ins or appointments are accepted Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. At a cost of BZD$150, results are available within 60 minutes. After-hours and weekend testing available for $250 BZD. Email: [email protected] Telephone: 822-2379
Approved Covid-19 PUBLIC Testing Facilities by the Ministry of Health & Wellness Belize
- Central Health Region: 223-2722
- Cleopatra White Polyclinic: 223-5213/223-0131
- Dr. Otto Rodriquez Polyclinic (San Pedro): 226-2536
- Caye Caulker Health Center: 226-0166/600-9539
- Corozal Community Hospital: 422-3903
- Western Regional Hospital: 822-2264/2263. [email protected]
- Punta Gorda Hospital: 722-2026/2161
The Ministry of Health and Wellness reminds the public that only PCR and Antigen tests are currently approved by the Ministry of Health and Wellness. The public is advised to be aware of anyone making claims to conduct any other type of testing for COVID-19. Persons can call the Ministry’s toll-free number 0-800-MOH-CARE (0-800-664-2273) for information on approved health facilities and laboratories endorsed by the Ministry to conduct the approved tests. To make a formal test request, please contact [email protected] The above are vetted private labs currently offering same-day results for a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test that can be used for travel purposes. This list of testing facilities is not comprehensive and does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of any particular facility.
Yes. Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. However, if a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, then the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.