- Caribbean Lifestyle Social Media Competition Winners announced – at the end of May, Caribbean Lifestyle will be announcing the winners of our current Instagram competition that started in March and isn’t going to be put on hold! With any free time on your hands be sure to browse those Belize photos and tag #belizegoldbook for a chance to WIN awesome prizes such as $500 USD Southwest Gift Card, a stay at Ray Caye Island Resort, a 2-night stay at Sunbreeze Hotel and a Tour of the Blue Hole by flight on Maya Island Air!
- San Pedro, Caye Caulker and Placencia Lobster Fests – nothing will stop the opening of Belize’s Lobster season on June 15th, 2020. Festival dates may have some disruption but its too early to tell. As of now, dates for San Pedro are: June 11th through the 20th and Caye Caulker/Placencia are on June 26-28, 2020 Make it a weekend affair, with beach barbecues, fun food contests, live music and local dance performances setting a vibrant and festive tone for the start of the season.
- The debut of the Caribbean Lifestyle GOLD BOOK at the end of June 2020 – finally a publication that will elevate the image of Belize. We are the proud publishers of the GOLD BOOK which will be highlighting the very best of Belize, look forward to finding these magazines in hotel rooms throughout Belize.
- International Costa Maya Festival (July/August) – this festival promotes the culture of the Munda Maya with their traditional dances, music, and food while promoting tourism in San Pedro. As traditions stand, the Costa Maya Pageant is one of the main highlights. La Isla Bonita is full of beautiful women from around Central America. Moreover, they arrive to compete for the honorary title of “ Miss Costa Maya”
- Chaa Creek’s Belize Eco Kids Summer Camp – Chaa Creek offers a week-long summer camp scholarship program for Belize’s resident school children in order to educate them about biodiversity, natural resource conservation, the ancient Maya, traditional healing, and the three “R’s” Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. The program aims to instill memorable values that will have an impact on the way children conduct their lives, their relationship with our fragile Earth and the sustainable development of our future.
- Take part in the Ocean Hero’s boot camp – June 26 – 29, 2020 in Vancouver, British Columbia – Developed by leading international ocean-health NGOs and creative partners. Ocean Heroes Bootcamp empowers existing and emerging youth leaders to create their own campaigns to take action against ocean plastic pollution.
- Belize’s September Celebrations – just as summer comes to an end Belize becomes alive in the month of September as we celebrate our nation’s Independence on September 21st each year. The entire month is full of parades, carnivals, concerts and festivities that kick off from the 10th of September when we celebrate the Battle of St. George’s Caye Day.
- Have you planned your Thanksgiving Holiday yet? – No time like the present, plan to spend your holiday weekend in the sunshine! Belize has something for everyone and it can be as active or relaxing as you want it to be. Also, don’t worry that you’ll be left out of your turkey because almost all local restaurants host thanksgiving events so that our visitors can feel right at home – View our Hotel Listing for a host of resort options.
About BelizeAmbergris CayeBelize CityCC+L TravelsOur StoriesPlacenciaTravelingWellnessWhat to Do in BelizeWhere to Stay
Tired of Coronavirus? 8 Things to look forward to
The flood of Coronavirus topics in our feed has us mentally exhausted. There is a massive disruption in the world right now. We don’t suggest it be ignored, but in the spirit of looking on the bright side of any situation, we’re thinking ahead! Cover photo Courtesy: Leonardo Melendez
Here are some of the great things coming up later this year that we can all look forward to: